This is a fun one for a dinner party. The crab can be a little pricey so you can substitute any kind of cooked fish you want.
- 1# Jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 English cucumber peeled and shredded
- 2 oz Diced red onion
- 2.5 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 Cloves garlic chopped
- 1 Tablespoon chopped green onions
- Juice of one lime
- 1/2 Bunch of chopped cilantro
- Kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 1 head bibb lettuce shredded (use whatever lettuce you like, iceberg seems a bit watery to me) depending on the size of the lettuce head you may have some leftover.
- 4 martini glasses ( if you dont have any use a large red wine glass or similar)
- Clean the crab meat to get out any left over shell fragments. Taking care not to shred the meat itself.
- In a large bowl add green onion, red onion, garlic, mayonnaise, mustard, chopped cilantro, lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- In the bottom of the glass add 1/2 Tablespoon of the mayonnaise mixture, a pinch of the shredded cucumber then the mayonnaise again.
- Layer with the shredded lettuce. repeat the process until all four of the glasses are full just below the top rim. You should have a layered effect that you can see through the glass.
- Finish by dividing the crab meat into all four glasses, and a dollop of the mayonnaise. You can garnish the cocktail with diced avocado, olives, diced red pepper, or lime slices.