It may be a little late in the season for this recipe, but you should still be able to find some nice tomatoes out there. This will yield just about a gallon of soup.
- 2.5 lbs Tomato Peeled, seeded & small dice (to peel a tomato make a small “X” in the bottom of it and put it in a pot of boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes. once the skin starts to peel away place in a ice bath to cool).
- 2.5 lbs Cucumber Peeled seeded & small dice
- 1 lbs Green Pepper seeded & small dice
- 2 quarts plus 2 cups Tomato juice
- 1 Red onion Small dice
- 2 Garlic cloves chopped fine
- 1/2 Bunch chopped cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 oz Virgin olive oil
- 3 Sherry wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients above in a large bowl, and whisk to combine.
- Puree half of the soup and leave the other half diced and mix them together.
- Store in a plastic container in refrigerator over night for the flavors to get to know each other.
- Traditionally this soup is served with croûtons on top.