Can be made ahead of time and stored in the freezer for 30 days if in a air tight container. After baking cut in half and fill with your favorite type of ice cream and put tops back on. Serve with chocolate or fruit sauce.
- 1 Cup water
- ½ Cup butter
- 1 Cup flour
- ¼ Teaspoon salt
- 4 Eggs
- Boil water and butter together
- Reduce heat to low and add flour and salt
- Stir vigorously over medium heat until mixture pulls away from the pan
- Transfer to the bowl of an upright mixer
- Beat at medium speed with paddle attachment and add eggs one at a time, until incorporated
- Transfer mixture to a pastry bag with a fluted tip, and pipe rosettes the size of quarters onto a parchment lined sheet pan.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes, reduce heat to 370, and bake another 5-15 minutes, or until fully risen, and a nice golden brown.
- Cool on a rack, then store in an airtight container in the freezer if for future use